Front End Design Tips: When I say good web design for better user experience, I’m talking about the end that the user interacts with while using websites and applications.
In this post, I want to discuss something with you but because I can’t go through all that’s involved, I will highlight key features.
I remember my years of study and being very confused about different development solutions. I often hear my instructors say, why do that and not this?
All the material along the way: Information Systems, SDLC, Agile, Project Management, Photoshop, Illustrator, Framework, CSS, HTML, HTML5, XML, C# Java, PHP. The list goes on that kept my head spinning.
One day my prayers are answered, my understanding became clear.
Today I thank those who taught me along the way, and because of you, I will be forever learning.
Principles of Design
You’re off to a better start In a web project when you understand some core principles of making an excellent design.
Think about this if you were building a home would you not try to research basic fundamentals before you hand over money to a contractor? If not, you should you.
Why not think about web design the same way? What information if you knew could help you provide a more pleasant experience for your guests.
Front-End Design Tips For Better User Experience:
- No who your users are and their needs.
- Layouts should fit the requirements.
- Important information should stay at the top of the page.
- Keep the design consistent in doing so the site becomes easy-to-use.
- Contrast – color is critical! Remember, there will be visitors who are color blind so you must ensure the content can be read by all.
- Remove any features not needed for a task.
- Make sure there is an understood way of navigating for your users.
- Links must stand out for better user experience they should tell a vistor where they are going, and not just “click here”.
- Graphics should be high resolution.
Well I could keep writing, but sadly I have to go for now. I hope what you have read will help in your journey to a successful new web business.
Thanks for Joining Down to Earth Talk About Solutions
I guess we gotta go for now. As always Happy web development and peace out. Web Design and Development.