Project Management Methods
Helping small businesses build simple, complicated, or complex websites with great user experience while offering expert advice on what technology can do for them.
Traditional Projects Management
In a traditional project using the waterfall model, it is important to get the requirements right up front. If they need change, they go through a change process.
The model stresses a sequential and logical flow of software development activities but research shows many IT project are:
- Not delivered on time
- Requirements are not met
- and an increase in budget slowly raises because you cannot get all the requirements right up front
Project Management Skills include leadership and motivation also:
Project Management Institute (PMI) is the world’s leading association for those who consider project management.
So How Are We Different?
Some projects at NETWORK ADVISING-U follow the Waterfall Model, where the requirements are stable and will not change. We have, however, tailored the model to meet our needs. Among other things, this type of approach can be used to calculate the cost and create a work breakdown structure (WBS).
Whenever flexibility and changes are necessary, such as when building Android and iOS apps, Agile Development is used. Manifesto for Agile Software Development
No matter what, we still require our project managers to understand the ten knowledge areas. This is because we feel this experience gives any project a more solid foundation to build upon.
Factors in a IT Project Success Includes:
- Understanding the goals & objectives
- Provide a realistic timescale
- Excellence communication with the client
- Never promise anything you cannot deliver
- Team meeting, collaboration motivation and rewards
- Identifying the assumptions
- Risk management
- Identifying any constraints
- Proper project management
- End-user training and proper project closure